Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dishonest & Bitchy Bloggers - Not Angelic

I've been reading quite a bit of a night, lately. The trend is a little disturbing, hence I am not going to be Angelic at all. I'll cut straight to the chase.

I'm pretty well honest, straight down the line. Above all else, I would put honesty first in any sort of relationship, be it home, work, play or blogging.

Most bloggers are annonymous, some good, some bad. Anyone who has built up a reputation cannot afford to make a mistake. For example: A regularly abusive commenter, which makes more timid bloggers less likely to comment.

I have been visiting a certain blog lately, that is showing disturbing trends, bordering on either abusive, or just plain straight out bitchiness.

I've been in that position before, where one person can basically get away with anything, whereas another who comments on this trend, is deemed a 'troll'.

Now, bitchiness is another thing I dislike. When one says something out of spite, they will probably get a reply from the recipient, who is a little upset at being antagonised for no real reason. The first party realises she has made a mistake in front of everyone on the blog, then in a completely condescending manor, makes light of it.

Then there are the people who comment under a variety of names, some very clever and adept at not getting caught out. I actually tried this out, but couldn't continue being several people at once. Too hard to keep up with the lies.

The other label, which I didn't include is Reformed Nasties. You never know if you can trust them or not. You read their posts, but decide never to comment because you don't feel secure. There is no trust, and probably never will be.

I decided to just be me. What you see is what you get. Attack with an argument, don't attack the man, don't be condescending, and never underestimate.

A friend emailed me the olther day, told me others were not euipped to deal with my straight out, down to earth attitude. He's probably right. I cut close to the chase. Deal with it.
Being touched by an Angel is not always a good thing

About This Blog