Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Victoria Still Burning


Still burning. Unbelievable pictures taken by everyday ordinary Australians. We have our television channels back now, watching the utter devestation has me in tears a lot of the time.
The names of the dead are slowly filtering through, along with the pictures. I have lived here for so long, and know so many people, it's scary. I may not know the name, but the faces are familiar. You know the ones that you pass on the way to school, or the supermarket. The people you smile at when you pass them on the street, or wait in the queue at the bank with.
I'm too scared to watch, and find myself in tears often. I don't think there is a person in country Victoria that hasn't been touched by this fire in some way. Somehow there is always a smile at the end of the tears. It leaves me nearly speechless.
Being touched by an Angel is not always a good thing

About This Blog